Share Draft (Checking) Accounts
A share draft is a credit union checking account. Better then traditional checking accounts because:
- No account fees
- No monthly service fees
- No minimum balance required
- Free Home Banking (transact between accounts and request withdrawals)
- Free Bill Payment (Pay bills online & save on check costs, stamps, and stationary)
- Free E-Statements (prevent identity theft with statements lost in the mail)
- Free Mobile Banking (with your Iphone, Ipad & Android)
- Coming in June – Mobile Deposit (Deposit your checks using your phone)
Share (Savings) Accounts
Share accounts require a maintained deposit of $5. Deposits can be made in any amount through direct deposit, payroll deduction, mail or over-the-counter transactions. You may request a disclosure of account terms, electronic funds transfer or check clearing policies by phone or mail.
Reach your long term savings goals with our Share Certificates. We offer terms from 6 to 36 months and competitive rates. Minimum deposit of $500.00. Interest reinvested quarterly and automatically renewable (beginning 8/1/2015).
Funds Availability Policy
It is the policy of the GPPFCU to make funds from your deposits available to you on the same business day we receive your deposit. You can withdrawal the funds in cash and we will use the funds to pay checks you have written.
For determining availability of your deposits, every day is a business day except Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal Holidays. We will consider a deposit as being made on a business day if it is made in person to an employee or comes by mail that business day. Deposits made at our night deposit drop will be considered deposited on the next business day the Credit Union is open.
In some cases, we will not make all funds that you deposit by check available to you on the same business day of your deposit. Depending on the type of check deposited, funds may not be available until the fifth (5) business day after the day of your deposit. However, the first $200.00 of your deposit will be available on the day you make your deposit.
If we are not going to make all the funds from your deposit by check available at that time, we will in-form you when you make your deposit. We will also tell you when the funds will be available.
Funds You Deposit by check may be delayed if:
- We believe a check you deposited will not be paid
- You deposit checks totaling more than $5,000.00 on any one day
- You redeposit a check that has been returned unpaid
- You have overdrawn your account repeatedly within the last six months
- There is an emergency, such as failure of communications or computer equipment
- We will notify you if your ability to withdraw funds is delayed by us for any of the above reasons, and we will tell you when your funds will be available